Christchurch International Airport
Christchurch Airport is New Zealand’s second largest airport and the international gateway for Christchurch and the South Island.
– 12 partner airlines coming from 25 destinations
– 6.8 million passengers annually
– 7000 full time, part time or casual staff employed
– Base for the US Antarctic program
– Airport based firefighters using Styx Mill 111X Structural Fire Suits
Christchurch Airport is rated Category 9 for rescue and firefighting purposes and operates specialised, state-of-the-art, all-wheel drive aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicles manufactured by Rosenbauer. AFS fire fighters respond to approximately 550 calls per year, mostly for aircraft, medical, general fire and hazardous substance emergencies. They also perform a wide range of airfield services including runway inspections, wildlife management, perimeter security and foreign object management.