Koniambo Nickel SAS New Caledonia
Koniambo mine is a large nickel mine in the North Province of New Caledonia.
– One of the largest reserves of nickel in New Caledonia.
– Located near the small town of Voh, on the west coast of the island.
– Operates an 11 km long conveyor from the Koniambo massif to the smelter.
– Nominal capacity for 60,000 tonnes per year.
– Emergency Response Team using Styx Mill 111X Structural Fire Suits
Koniambo mine is on one of the largest and highest grade undeveloped nickel resources in the world and the mine operation includes a nickel smelter, power plant, desalination plant and sea port. The operation is a multi-billion dollar world class industrial complex, which at peak production will make New Caledonia one of the largest nickel producers in the world.