Niue International Airport
Hanan Niue Airport is is an international airport serving the Pacific Island nation of Niue.
– Island size 261 square kilometers
– Location 2400km northeast of New Zealand and 604km northeast of Tonga
– Population of Niue 1600 people in 2016
– Tropical with a winter temperature of 20-28 degrees Celsius
– Airport based firefighters using Styx Mill 111X Structural Fire Suits
Niue International Airport is located near the town of Alofi, and is only used by Air New Zealand, flying to and from Auckland twice a week. As Niue is a tropical location, the firefighters proved the immediate benefits of having lighter weight more breathable structural suits.